I would agree. I think these types of laws should be federally mandated then. Most states are that you cannot marry until 18 without parent, or guardian consent if I am not mistaken.
[ QUOTE ]
thats cool...thats your opinion, i just wanna know why you can use your opinion to decide for others
i mean obviously im not wanting to run out and be gay nor will i...but i cant decide that for other people, its just not my place
hahaha NOLA...nah just tryin to get some discussion on here
[/ QUOTE ]
That's one of the stupidest arguments that can be made for allowing gay marriage. Its like saying hey its your opinion that beasti-ality or rape is wrong but it may not be for everybody so there for you should be allowed to do it. People should be able to marry dogs after all right? Same with polygamy...you may think its wrong but not everyone does so it should be legal right? Just ignorant. Thats why we have laws...Just because a small fraction of the population believes in anarchy and that everyone should just be allowed to do whatever the heck they want doesn't mean that everyone else in the world has to submit. This way of thinking is very dangerous indeed if it begins to permeate society.
I would agree. I think these types of laws should be federally mandated then. Most states are that you cannot marry until 18 without parent, or guardian consent if I am not mistaken.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
2 things
animals can't say no, rape means the girl says no and youre doing it anyway...in both cases you are violating the rights of the person you are having relations with
same cant be said for gay marriage
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
I think what you are saying there however are incidents where others' rights are being infringed upon. What was mentioned was two consenting adults, neither of which is of the canine species. In some places polygamy is legal.
sorry didn't read on further....ditto to comment above
I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
i'm torn on this issue.
1) i think its important to TRY and maintain a moral standard in this country. whether that means allowing gay marriage or not i dont know, but just something to keep in mind in most all arguments about our country. moral decay and decadence doesnt (historically) bode well for the given society (ie Rome)
personally, if 2 homosexuals want to live together, share assets, etc etc etc, just like married couples, thats their business. Im not even that opposed to giving them rights similar to that of married couples. The thing i AM opposed to is calling whatever they do marriage. Marriage is BY DEFINITION, A PRIORI, between a man and a woman. Two homosexuals can do everything a married couple does, and have all the same benefits as far as im concerned, but just dont call it marriage. that term is already taken. come up with something new.
They did...its called civil unions.
[ QUOTE ]
2 things
animals can't say no, rape means the girl says no and youre doing it anyway...in both cases you are violating the rights of the person you are having relations with
same cant be said for gay marriage
[/ QUOTE ]
So consent is your only issue? Then I assume you have no problem with polygamy, prostitution and incest as long as its among adults then? For that matter you probably don't have a beef with assisted suicide or cult mass suicide type of thing or other "consensual" acts like gambling or drug use. As long as someone is not being violated then people should be able to do what they want i guess. When liberalism is pushed to the extreme at some point it becomes chaos, anarchy and lawlessness. Then society as a wholes rights become violated
You stated in your response that in both cases(rape and beasi-ality) you are violating a person's rights. Actually you are only violating a person's rights when committing the act of rape. Technically speaking you are not violating a person's rights when you commit an act of beasti-ality because animals are not people. And as far as an animal not being able to say no...well technically once again that is wrong because animals have been known to communicate in their own way...certainly not english but some animals are very capable of communicating ie, dolphins, gorillas, ape's etc...I didn't mean to get into this but its just that your initial reasoning was very flawed as I have once again pointed out.
you're seriously going to use "animal communication" as an argument in a conversation??
yeah, this is pretty much over
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
The Polygomy argument is the most sold by far I have not seen a single srgument for Gay marrage that could not be applyed to Polygomy. The whole anamial think is just to icky for me to think about to hard but I do see James point with sign language using Monkeys and what not
[ QUOTE ]
you're seriously going to use "animal communication" as an argument in a conversation??
yeah, this is pretty much over
[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I agree its pretty ridiculous but sometimes when someone makes ridiculous statements to begin with you end up unintentionally replying with ridiculous statements yourself...I guess thats what happened in this instance. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Bookmarks